My favorite World Cup things so far (not in order):
- Ivorian defenders and defensive midfielders- short but quick and industrious. Will go far, definitely.
- Tomas Rosicky - I can only dream of him playing alongside Henry, Fabregas, Hleb et al next season.
- Kaka - when I said in 2002 he'd be better in his prime than Rivaldo in his prime, I was laughed at. Laugh now suckers.
- Online narratives by The Guardian - a no-miss. Brit humor to its prime.
- Pundit blogs by The Guardian - same
- The Leipzig stadium - too bad it'll host only third division matches.
- TV Terra: free online videos of best moments and goals one minute after the match - a blessing for workers. I can type in my spreadsheet and check Togo missing a handful of goals at the same time!!!!
- Lastly: The Iranian pennant - a piece of a Persian rug! As the Guardian (brilliantly as always) put it,